Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Understanding How Mold Grows in Homes | SERVPRO® of Flagstaff/East Sedona
When homeowners discover that they have mold, it is extremely dismaying news. Mold can grow anywhere where conditions are right, and if it has been growing long enough, it can spread to hidden places all throughout the home due to centralized air conditioning systems.
Fortunately, with professional mold remediation, you can get mold handled quickly and efficiently so you no longer have to worry about the health of your family.
How Does Mold Grow?
As a natural, organic material, mold spores are present nearly everywhere on the planet—a fact that might be alarming for many people to discover! Mold spores are airborne and can enter into homes through windows, doors or even on pets and clothes, and once they are in the home, they will float around until they find an ideal spot to land and reproduce.
As it is looking for a place to land, keep in mind that mold enjoys places with excessive moisture, so it will often make its home in areas where humidity is high. Basements, places with improperly restored water damage and bathrooms with poor ventilation are just some of the common places we see a mold infestation begin—but once it starts, it can spread quite easily.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (928) 440-4300
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Flagstaff / East Sedona?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (928) 440-4300
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Flagstaff / East Sedona is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Flagstaff community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2210 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: